Are you looking for a WordPress Membership Plugin?
Adding membership capabilities to your WordPress website allows you to better serve users in a variety of ways.
For example, having a member account can make tasks like adding and replying to comments more straightforward. Site owners can use memberships to keep sensitive content out of public view or even monetize content.
Choosing the right WordPress membership plugin is crucial for your business because a better platform means more opportunity for growth. Here are some free plugins you can use to bring memberships to your WordPress website.
Restrict content and contexts to control what your users get exclusive access to, or drip content over time. Create an unlimited number of Access Levels and override user and role capabilities.
Use this plugin to quickly set up a membership site where your users can get different levels such as Gold, Silver and Bronze. Then, restrict access to e.g. posts tagged “Premium”, articles written by specific authors, or all your free products.
No coding required.
- Multiple levels per user
- Sync with User Roles, Logged in, or Logged out
- Add membership durations
- Unlock (drip) content for new members
- Permit & deny level capabilities
- Hide nav menu items
- Restrict Widget Areas in Content Aware Sidebars
- Redirect unauthorized users to a page or custom link
- Tease content for unauthorized users and show custom message
- Shortcode to fine-tune restrictions in your posts or pages
- And More
MembershipWorks is an advanced all-in-one membership, directory, events, and donation platform for chambers, associations, professional, networking and other membership groups. This plugin integrates your MembershipWorks account to your WordPress site. MembershipWorks is free for small groups and also free to try with our 50 member/account plan.
- Unlimited membership levels, add-ons and billing configurations
- Configurable pro-rating, fixed anniversary dates, trial periods, application fees and discount codes
- Members can signup, renew, or upgrade/downgrade their membership at any time
- Automated emails for payment receipts, renewal and past-due notices
- Segment members by labels or folders
- View/Export metrics and financials
- Daily membership report email
- Send bulk emails to members
- Custom fields and customizable membership forms
- And more
Create frontend user profiles, groups, communities, paid memberships, directories, WooCommerce user profiles and bbPress profiles, restrict content, register members through sign-up pages, allow users to submit and share blogs, enable notifications, social activity and private messaging with a beautiful threaded interface and a lot more!
- You can have multiple User Profile types.
- Each Group can have its own set of fields.
- Each Group can have its own Group Manager or Moderator.
- Group Manager can have special privacy level for group members.
- Each group can have its own registration workflow.
- You can offer visitors option to sign up or request membership for Group of their choice.
- Groups can have membership limits.
- Groups can be mapped to a specific WordPress Roles.
- Filter user profiles based on groups on directories page.
- Groups can be Open (public) or Closed (private)
- Closed Groups require membership approval from Group Manager or site Admin
- Users can join multiple Groups
- Premium $79 onetime (Extra Features)
- Premium+ $139 onetime (Extra Features)
It offers a complete membership solution, allowing you to accept member payments, manage members, create subscription plans and restrict access to premium content. An ideal WordPress membership plugin to charge members by restricting content.
Integrates with WooCommerce, allowing you to restrict product viewing and purchasing to members-only as well as offer special discounted product price based on subscription plans.
- Content Restriction
- Membership Payments
- Hierarchical Subscription Plans
- Members Management
- Member Emails and Messages
- Free Trial and Sign-up Fees
- Reports and Exports
- WooCommerce Integration
- $149 One time purchase
A flexible, well-supported, and easy-to-use WordPress membership plugin for offering free and premium content from your WordPress site.
The simple membership plugin lets you protect your posts and pages so only your members can view the protected content.
- Unlimited Membership Access Levels
- User Friendly Interface for Content Protection
- Have Free and Paid Memberships
- Membership Payments Log
- Developer API
- Member Login Widget on The Sidebar
- Plugin Support
- Language Translations
- Has some free and paid addons
WP User Frontend is one of the best WordPress membership plugin with frontend builder. It includes frontend dashboard, frontend editor & publishing, and frontend uploader for WordPress user profile, post submissions, and memberships.
- Update Profile from the Frontend
- Flexibility for admins
- Files & attachments
- Drag-n-drop form builder
- Publish your WPUF forms using Gutenberg
- Use anywhere easily with shortcodes
- WordPress Guest Post Submission
- Role Base Support
- Submit and update anything from Frontend
- Build customized forms with custom post types
- Set post status, post message, update post button text
- Custom Redirection after login and submission
- Earn with subscription based posting
- Schedule forms & restrict entries
- Get reminded with emails
- Integrate with Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- Create subscription packs, pay-per-posts & receive payments from users
- Manage Transactions
- Manage or Import/Export forms
- Custom Login/Registration Form
- Display Custom Fields Data in Post
- Personal $39 yearly
- Professional $66 yearly
- Business $111 yearly
Members is a roles and capabilities based WordPress membership plugin. It gives your users the ultimate member experience by giving you powerful tools to add roles and capabilities and assign them to your users.
Members allows you to set permissions to restrict content on your site by providing a simple user interface (UI) for WordPress’ powerful roles and capabilities system, which has traditionally only been available to developers who know how to code this by hand.
- Role Editor: Allows you to edit, create, and delete roles as well as capabilities for these roles.
- Multiple User Roles: Give one, two, or even more roles to any user.
- Explicitly Deny Capabilities: Deny specific capabilities to specific user roles.
- Clone Roles: Build a new role by cloning an existing role.
- Content Permissions / Restricted Content: Protect content to determine which users (by role) have access to post content.
- Shortcodes: Shortcodes to control who has access to content.
- Widgets: A login form widget and users widget to show in your theme’s sidebars.
- Private Site: You can make your site and its feed completely private if you want.
- Plugin Integration: Members is highly recommended by other WordPress developers. Many existing plugins integrate their custom roles and capabilities directly into it.
- Basic $149 yearly
- Plus $249 yearly
- Pro $349 yearly
Ultimate Member is the #1 user profile based WordPress membership plugin. The plugin makes it a breeze for users to sign-up and become members of your website. The plugin allows you to add beautiful user profiles to your site and is perfect for creating advanced online communities and membership sites. Lightweight and highly extendible, Ultimate Member will enable you to create almost any type of site where users can join and become members with absolute ease.
- Front-end user profiles
- Front-end user registration
- Front-end user login
- Custom form fields
- Conditional logic for form fields
- Drag and drop form builder
- User account page
- Custom user roles
- Member directories
- User emails
- Content restriction
- Conditional nav menus
- Show author posts & comments on user profiles
- Developer friendly with dozens of actions and filters
- $249 yearly
The WP-Members WordPress membership plugin turns your WordPress site into a membership site. Restrict premium content, create custom registration fields, and more.
- Restrict or hide posts, pages, and custom post types
- User login, registration, and profile integrated into your theme
- Login widget
- Create custom registration and profile fields
- Notify admin of new user registrations
- Hold new registrations for admin approval
- Create post excerpt teaser content automatically
- Shortcodes for login, registration, content restriction, and more
- Create powerful customizations with more than 120 action and filter hooks
- A library of API functions for extensibility
- Basic $59 yearly
- Pro $125 yearly
- Lifetime $999
Paid Memberships Pro gives you all the tools you need to start, manage, and grow your membership site. The plugin is designed for premium content sites, clubs/associations, subscription products, newsletters and more.
Users can select a membership level, complete checkout, and immediately become members of your site. You decide what content your member can access. Members can log in, view payments, update billing info, or cancel their account directly on your site.
A good WordPress membership plugin to give me try.
- Restrict access to members-only content.
- Create unlimited membership levels with flexible pricing including free memberships, trials, recurring payments and subscriptions, one-time payments, and more.
- Integrate with Stripe, PayPal, and other popular gateways.
- Manage your full membership data, import and export members or orders, and view reports on sales and revenue, cancellations, expirations, and signups.
- 100% GPL, fully open source, and integrated with loads of third-party platforms.
- Frontend Log In
- Frontend User Registration
- Frontend Password Recovery
- Frontend Profile Editing
- Membership Account Dashboard
- Membership Invoices and Billing Information Pages
- Custom User Profile and Registration Form Fields
- Custom Member Emails
- Restrict WP Dashboard Access
- Hide the WP Toolbar
- Basic $59 yearly
- Pro $125 yearly
- Lifetime $999